The theme for September 2021 Challenge at A Place to Start is patterned paper. I was inspired to create a mixed media tag. I incorporated a few found items.

The background of the first tag is a page out of an old Weber dictionary (1950s) that I acquired at an estate sale.

Upper left corner is a stamp from a letter (sent from France in '84) that I discovered on the ground during one of my evening walks. 

I adhered scraps of ephemera to create a collage using Dina Wakley Ultra Thick Gel Medium. 

The opening was covered with a piece of acetate sheet from one of my stamp sets that I saved. I also use acetate for my shaker cards.

The butterfly on the second tag is a rub-on transfer (Dollar Tree) onto a patterned paper. The flower is a die-cut from Tim Holtz collections.

                                                                                         
I decorated the back of the tags using paper napkins, washi tape, and handmade paper, This tag was fun to create using items I have in my stash. Hopefully my husband will now understand why I "collect things"....



Design Challenge Submission












i

Comments

  1. This tag is awesome, very delicate and elegant. I love the papers you've used. Those flowers are the perfect final touch for this beautiful project. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet message! You always make my day! ❤

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous and exceptionally special tags. Love them. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project - thanks for sharing it with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the soft colours. Vesna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts