At A Place to Start Challenge blog, the theme for November 2021 challenge #11 is "Craft A Favorite Memory." One of my favorite trips I've taken was a "girls' trip" to Charleston, SC. We were celebrating the completion of my post-secondary education.  We had an awesome guide who divulged information about the Gullah culture. One of the many things we enjoyed was watching the creation of "sweetgrass baskets." I incorporated few elements of the trip into my card: the gullah lady (stamped image), low country landscapes (wild flower die cuts),  and sweetgrass baskets (woven patterned paper). 

Design Challenge Submissions:
The Paper Players: PP565 - A Tic-Tac-Toe challenge (twine, patterned paper, embellishments)




Supplies I used: 
Technique Junkies stamp: Joy and Laughter (stamped onto glossy paper with Ranger Archival ink - jet black and colored with Sharpie markers)
Tim Holtz Alterations thinlits: Wild Flowers
Embossed handmade paper (white)
Woven straw paper
bamboo stick
stencil of leaves (with embossing paste)
Kraft cardstock








Comments

  1. Wow Sam I love it, it's fantastic. I like a lot all the details and layers you've created. And the colour combo is great. Great job as always. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, you always lift my spirit with your sweet comments....thank you! 🤗

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Sam! The texture on this card is phenomenal. I loved reading about the significance of each design element. What a wonderful way to remember a very special trip! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thank you for stopping by my blog and the heartfelt compliment!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely card you created with your trip memories in mind! The basket weave textures are perfect and really set off your image and tie all the elements together! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the layering and different texture of background. Vesna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts