A Place to Start October 2021 challenge #10 theme is "Purely Handmade." The rules are as follows: no electronic die-cuts, no pre-colored digitals, no digital images, at least one-stamped image, and embellishments cannot be the main focus. 

Whenever I think of an idea for a card, I usually drawn inspirations from other paper crafters, You-Tube tutorials, or magazines/books. Lately I have been browsing through magazines for rubber stamp enthusiasts from 20 years ago.

 I thought to amp up the challenge by using only supplies that were available 20+ years ago. Therefore, adding to the list of rules, I include: no use of a stamping platform (YIKES!), no use of thin/metal dies & die cutting machine, and no photopolymer stamps.

I had to practice stamping with my wooded stamps. It was a challenge to keep the images straight and to layer the flowers (note: the middle pot was supposed to have multiple red flowers. I gave up after  struggling with the first one 😭).

Hope that you take on the challenge and share your creation. Happy stamping!

Supplies I used
Stampin Up Watercolor Minis (2001)
Caran D'Ache NeoColor II
Oval punch (use this for the "curtains" as well)
scraps of patterned papers
remnant of lace 
natural twine
VersaFine Onyx Black
Recollection embossing powder - clear
Distress Ink - antique linen and walnut stain
Kraft paper
Recollection Premium Heavy Cardstock 110lbs - white
foam adhesive tape
painter tape (for masking)

Design Challenge Submission



 


                       

Comments

  1. Excellent job and more when you've added more rules, it's a awesome card. It has a delicate touch with the lace and that paper on the background. Wow, those pots and flowers had to be a challenge with all those little details but you've done it very very well. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am touched by your wonderful compliments! Thank you so much, Maria (hugs) !

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the lace in the background and the bow of twine is just perfect. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with lots of pretty details. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy! Please visit my blog again.

      Delete
  4. I love your twist on the challenge (wish I had thought of that! :D) Your card is gorgeous and really does remind me of why I started making cards in the first place. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chana, I appreciate the wonderful compliment... thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts