HELLO! I am back after many months of hiatus. I haven't stopped creating...just took a break from blogging. You can check out many of my current creations on IG @samiamcards. I created this card for Altenew September 2022 Inspiration Challenge following the color scheme below: 


We haven't transitioned to Fall yet in Florida. Actually, it's hurricane season.  I am composing this blog in the midst of  Hurricane Ian striking west coast of Florida. So far, prayers have been answered in such way we didn't experienced the direct impact of the hurricane as predicted. I'm hoping the last prayer request gets answered which is we do not loose power. Been there and do not wish to experience it again!
Sorry, I got off track. Since I am in Florida, I want my card to represent the tropical environment. I placed "cut up" die cuts of Altenew Leaf Clusters on the letters for added dimensions. The background is watercolor wash of Distress Oxide ink Spun Sugar. Hope you like this card as much as I do. 

Design Challenge Submissions


Supplies I used: 
Altenew Mega Alphabet "T" die
Altenew Leaf Clusters dies
Sizzix Tim Holtz thinlits 2 1/2" letters
various Bazzill cardstocks
Carta Bella Enamel dots: Flora
Distress Oxide Spun Sugar
Strathmore Mixed Media paper 
Recollection Premium Heavy 110lbs Cardstock - white






 

Comments

  1. Sam I missed your projects, it's fantastic that you're posting again. I hope everything is alright and you don't lose power. And about the card I love it, it's full of colour and I think it represents very well everything that comes to my mind when I think in Florida. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thank you for your kinds and encouraging words! We did extremely well after Hurricane Ian...many prayers were answered. Thank you for your continuous support of my blog! XO Sam

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts